The Clean Electronics Production Network (CEPN) is seeking a communications / outreach contractor to support our work over the next few years. This is a part time (average of approximately 4 to 6 hours per week) ongoing opportunity.
CEPN is a multi-stakeholder, cross-industry collaboration that launched in 2015. The goal of the network is to move the electronics industry towards zero exposure to toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process. CEPN is an innovation network within Green America’s Center for Sustainability Solutions.
In August 2021, CEPN launched Toward Zero Exposure - a commitment program with leading electronics companies to protect workers from chemical hazards in the electronics supply chain. We are seeking to build awareness of this program and expand participation.
Areas of Support:
- Outreach: Work with CEPN staff to grow the Toward Zero Exposure program participation by:
- Supporting new participant outreach and recruitment
- Identifying and supporting opportunities and events for outreach
- Developing communication materials / collateral to explain and demonstrate the value of the program
- Communications: Take responsibility for writing and editing:
- CEPN’s quarterly newsletter, announcements, and other communications materials
- Toward Zero Exposure annual report
- Digital Engagement: Enhance the Toward Zero Exposure program's and CEPN’s online presence, and manage LinkedIn
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent writing skills. A writing style that is compelling and clear. Ability to explain complex ideas in an easy-to-read style.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to talk confidently, honestly and strategically with a wide variety of global stakeholders including senior executives from electronics companies.
- Experience, or demonstrated interest in, the mission and scope of CEPN.
- Ability to learn quickly, synthesize a large amount of information and present it clearly, meet deadlines and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Take responsibility for strategy, as well as moving a project from concept to completion.
If interested, please send a statement of qualifications including hourly rate and 3 to 5 relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.