Thank you to all the Green Business Network members who have updated us with your plans and ideas for getting through the covid-19 pandemic together.
We’ll be sharing those ideas electronically though email and also through an online, interactive session with your fellow Green Business Network members.
In addition to making profound adjustments to business operations, many small businesses are also signing on to statements to Congress, making clear the need for economic support!
You can sign on today to the statement lead by the American Sustainable Business Council, of which we are a member, calling on Congress to:
- Provide federal assistance to small and mid-size businesses to cover expanded paid leave at 100%, and 100% of their employees’ health insurance.
- Maximize unemployment benefits through federal government assistance so that laid-off employees can pay their bills.
- Restructure and/or defer bank debt and deliver adequate cash into the hands of small and mid-size businesses to cover lost revenue from the shutdown or turndown of business.
- Pay insurance companies to cover standard 'business interruption insurance' for the pandemic.
- Institute a moratorium on evictions, foreclosures, utility shut-offs, and auto/equipment repossessions .
We need to keep the pressure on elected officials to support small businesses during the covid-19 crisis. Thank you for signing to protect our economy!